After my recent foray into Candy Corn inspired seasonal food (see my post about Candy Corn Smoothie popsicles!) I decided to try the same theme with a crowd-pleaser for the boys & some friends on a recent play date! Candy Corn pizza! Please don't be disgusted as I'm not suggesting you add Candy Corn as a pizza topping (ugh!)... rather, try using this seasonal treat as inspiration!
You will need...
- A pizza base - a homemade one, if you're feeling saintly, or a packaged one if you're pushed for time like me!
- Tomato pizza sauce.
- Mozzarella, or other white cheese, shredded.
- Cheddar, or other orange cheese, shredded.
- Some yellow colored pizza toppings, such as sweetcorn and/or diced yellow bell pepper.
- Some orange colored pizza toppings, such as grated carrot and/or diced orange bell pepper.
Next, sprinkle the cheddar cheese around the rest of the pizza base, all the way to the edges.
You will then need to create a ring of orange pizza toppings around the mozzarella in the center. And then around the edge, a ring of yellow pizza toppings. I used grated carrot and then a mix of sweetcorn and yellow bell peppers.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes (or follow the instructions with your packaged base) until fully cooked and crispy! Cut into triangular shaped wedges and serve!