I've just discovered a new source of inspiration! Pinterest.com. And I love it. Now, these are not my ideas so I suppose they don't really belong in my blog. However, I am always on the lookout for inspiration and as a source of new ideas this is just too good not to share!
It's such a simple premise and yet soooo effective and addictive. It's essentially a virtual pinboard. If you're anything like me, you'll probably come across stuff while browsing the internet that catches your eye but is of no use to you at exactly that moment ... so you move on and forget about it. Well no more. You simply add a 'Pin It' button to your bookmarks bar at the top of your browser, and then whenever you see and image that you like/inspires you/you would like to use for reference in a later project ... whatever... you click on it and it gets added to your own virtual pin board with a link to the original website. I would have loved to have had this tool when planning my wedding all those years ago!
You can create lots of different pinboards for different purposes, e.g. recipes, interior design projects, style/mood board, fashion ideas, party planning, weddings. But you can also browse other people's pinboards and re-pin their ideas onto your own boards!
I've only just started a few pinboards of my own, but I can see that it's going to become addictive! After a short browse I've seen some amazing things that I can't wait to try out. I thought I'd share 10 of the best pins I've spotted on other people's boards to give you an idea of the sort things you can stumble on.
1. I just think this is genius. A roll of masking tape is all you need to keep your Hot Wheels obsessed kids occupied for hours. My boys are gonna pee their pants when I get this set up for them! The best bit is you can make a new track everyday!
2. With Christmas coming up I can't wait to have a go at recycling some old lightbulbs into tree decorations!
3. A bit of pampering at home? This recipe for a homemade exfoliating body scrub sounds gorgeous!
4. I just know I'll be needing this tip in a few years when I have 3 sweaty teenage boys' school shirts to launder! A bit of baby powder sprinkled on before ironing prevents sweat stains on white shirts!
5. I'm all about the neck accessories and think this is gorgeous! I have some leftover grey jersey material from making the Big One's Lego Sensei Wu Halloween costume, so am definitely going to give this a try!
6. Now this makes sense to me. A cork board on the inside of a cupboard door to keep all those little notes and recipes and coupons (etc...) close by without cluttering up the place!
7. A cute and simple dressing up idea for kids. Recycled plastic soda bottle make a perfect rocket pack!
8. One to remember for summer BBQ's... paper cupcake cases make brilliant covers to prevent wasps from going in your drink when dining al fresco!
9. So simple. Cover a painting tray with foil and then no pesky cleaning up. Why did I never think of that one?
10. Perfect for 4th of July Celebrations!
Pinterest is currently invite-only and there's a waiting list. However, I have a limited number of invites available if you're interested. Contact me via the comments below or through my Facebook page if you're interested!